Wednesday, September 22, 2010

my magazine collection part UNO

So I've decided that since I'm going to discuss a majority of this blog on the communication side of fashion, and I've stated in my previous post that I'm obsessed with fashion editorials; I'm going to post my growing and humble collection of magazines. Keep in mind that this is part one of my collection. I'm currently only going to feature my Vogue collection, because when one thinks about fashion magazines, Vogue always sticks out as the leading magazine in fashion. 


To be frank, I've only started collecting about a year and a half ago. Ever since I moved to Singapore about a year ago I started investing (yes, I consider it an investment) on a lot of fashion magazines. A majority of it being Vogue of course. As you can see from this image here, I collect a lot of different international versions of Vogue, with American Vogue being the most. If you were to ask me which one is my favorite, I wouldn't be able to give you an answer. Each edition is unique in its own way. Italia gives me inspiration and plays with how far my imagination can go. Paris give me glamour and luxury. Nippon gives me clear, fun art direction as well as keeps me from forgetting my Japanese fluency... and it goes on. 

I will do a more in depth review on each edition of Vogue soon.
  
See close up shots after the jump!






A pregnant Claudia and a very high-fashion Miranda.

Raquel in Dior and Freja in that dress from Miu Miu (guess which other 4 magazines featured that dress?).

One of the freshest Teen Vogue cover in a while featuring Victoria Justice. 

Karlie in Vogue China.

I spy Lara Stone.

I buy any magazine that features Abbey Lee on the cover. (Hint there are two of them in this shot)

Spot the German Vogue with Frida Gustavsson on the cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment