Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Vogue Nippon November 2010: Lily Donaldson by Inez and Vinoodh

It may still be September, but Vogue Nippon has already released their November issue, one month in advance as usual. I actually still don't understand why they release their magazines a month earlier, but I'm not complaining about it. Cover model Lily Donaldson is seen here wearing yet another Miu Miu look from their Fall/Winter 2010 collection. This is in fact Lily's 2nd Vogue Nippon cover this year, the first one being in May (my favorite Nippon cover). The color scheme is overall quite coherent, The black and orange texts as well as the earrings all adhere to the harmony of the cover. It's interesting to note that as compared to the other Nippon covers this year, this one is shot only from the waist up. I must say though, I quite miss the old headline font they use to have up until their August 2010 issue. But it's not too bad, maybe I need some time to get use to it.... 
However, I can't say I'm too thrilled with the outfit choice, but I absolutely adore this Miu Miu collection and say that at least they didn't go with the obvious choice dress used in British (Freja, August), Australian (Codie Young, October) editions of Vogue, Elle UK (Lily Allen, August) and W (Eva Mendes, August). They in fact went with one of the more simple designs from the collection.
I will do a review on this as soon as I get my copy.


Click to see the dress as well as a comparison!





Worn here by Siri Tollerød, its more subtle and less extroverted than the previous dress. 

Here is a comparison of the two dresses, its Miu Miu's Fall/Winter 2010 campaign shot by Mert & Marcus. Take note that the orange dress on the left worn by Lindsey Wixson is the dress featured in every other magazine cover, while the one of the right is the one Vogue Nippon featured. The differences the exposure of the dresses is the first thing to be noted. Lindsey's dress exposes both the cleavage area as well as the arms, while Siri's dress covers both these parts as well as the neckline.

Source: TFS, style.com


No comments:

Post a Comment